Saturday, February 16, 2019

Memories

In honor of Parker's birthday coming up on the 20th, I wanted to share a couple funny stories and pictures to lighten the grief we carry every day.

Xbox and Prom Dresses
This is my favorite picture. This was when he was about 13. I came late one night from work and he and his friend were playing xbox (no big deal). I then realized, they were both wearing my prom dresses. He made sure to wear it until I got home to make me laugh. No shame. He WANTED me to take a picture. One of his many amazing qualities was to make everyone around him laugh and happy. 

Shared "Custody"
 My cute husband likes to joke that when Parker was in Inpatient Rehab at 17, we had shared "custody" of him. We were able to go pick him up on the weekends as he was not able to be home at the time (another addict in the house). This is one of SO many pictures with Kohen. You can see the love just radiating. He was the best uncle to Kohen. There were so many nights when I was a single mom, he would come and take Kohen so I could rest. 

 After Rehab
Our bond grew even stronger (if that's possible) while he was in rehab. He came to our house often when he got out of rehab. We had many nights of fun and memories just like this picture. I miss this so much. 

Singing
He was the melody to my harmony in life. He would sing with me everyday on the way to school, to the gas station and even the extra lap around the block to finish the song we were blasting. This video I will always cherish (don't mind the language). I never want to forget his goofy, amazing voice. 

The Later Years

The last 4-5 years were filled with fear, anxiety and every other emotion you could possibly feel. The best part though, was the days he was clear minded and spending time with the family. This is one of our last pictures together. I regret so much not taking any pictures together when we went camping this summer but, I still have so many to cherish. I miss those eyes, his voice and his hugs everyday. 

Happy Birthday in heaven in a few days baby brother. This hurt may never get easier but I still feel you everyday. Even when I flip off your picture. I love you. 

#PJKAllDay #DontStopBelieving #Forever22





No comments:

Post a Comment